Monday, July 7, 2008

Interviews Gone Wrong

Remember the show “Kids say the Darndest Things?” Well, if only Art Linkletter was present at the following interviews. Here are a few gems from serious job applicants as submitted by members of the Monster.com community:

“We are a small sporting-goods distributor, and we recently received an application from a gentleman trying to impress us with his dedication to the 'field.' His stated goal? 'To ski 365 days-a-year.' Wonder when he was planning to work.”

“While interviewing a candidate, I noticed he had checked 'yes' when asked if he'd ever been convicted of a felony, but no details were listed. When I asked my candidate, he said, 'Well, it is really old.' I asked how old, and he said, 'Thirty-three years ago, but I haven't been in any trouble since.' I said, 'Oh, that is old.' I then asked what the conviction was for; his response was 'murder one.' I asked if he had served any time, and he said yes, 33 years. Apparently he had just been released two weeks prior, which may explain why he hadn't been in trouble since.”

“As a recruiter, I occasionally encounter previous employees interested in returning to the company. A young man called me one day to explain that he had been a fantastic employee two years prior, and that he had been fired by accident: 'I didn't mean to hit the other guy over the head with a mop! Really, it just slipped and hit him twice!' Rehire? I think not.”

No comments:

Post a Comment